Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tok Wan

Last week Wednesday while I was in a meeting with Rolls-Royce, I got an sms from my mum. She told me that my Tok Wan had just passed away, and that she was already on her way to go back to Kedah.

.......

I was speechless. Eventhough I was still in the meeting, I just can't stop thinking about the news. I went out of the meeting room, and called my sister to reconfirm. She told me that it's true, and that her family and my eldest sister's family are getting ready to leave for Kedah.

The moment the meeting finished, I told my boss about it and requested for emergency leave the following day. He approved it and even asked me to take the whole weekend off(it's during Plant Turnaround, we have to work even on weekends). I was so glad and went off home around noon, so that I can leave as soon as possible to Kedah.

On the way back from office to my house, I called my mum to tell her that I'll be coming back to Kedah. I asked how was everything over there, and she told me that Tok Wan hidup lagi dan tengah nazak. And I was like apsal pulak nie? Kata dah meninggal, apsal sekarang nie dying pulak?

It turns out that Tok Wan actually did not breathe for about 30 minutes! He still has pulses, really weak & slow pulses.. That is so weird.. Normally, the person's brain will be dead if that happens rite?

When I reached Tok Wan's house in Jitra, I saw him lying down on the mattress in the middle of the living room. He looked so weak and thin. Memang macam tinggal kulit dengan tulang. I really don't know how to react.

The last time I met up with Tok Wan, he was so healthy. Siap boleh naik motor lagi, eventhough he's already more than a hundred years old. It all started when he was diagnosed with a tumor in his head. After that he became weaker, till the current situation.

Panjang umur Tok Wan kan? Probably because all of his other siblings reached an age of more than 90 years old. Probably because he's a religious man and a Tok Imam. Probably because he told my uncle not to buried him after he died, before all of his children & grandchildren paid a visit.

My mum called me yesterday to tell that Tok Wan is getting healthier now. I was so glad, and I wished that he will live longer! Love you Tok Wan!

No comments: