Saturday, May 21, 2005

Late Night Work

I got a phone call from my colleague, asking me to come to the plant at 12.45am. Yes, it was past midnight.

We were supposed to do the testing of the pump around 9pm, and I waited for the phone call as I was put on stand-by. I thought the testing session was gonna be postponed to the following morning, coz the installation work has been delayed. Rupa-rupanya tidak.. :(

So there I was , waking up around 12.45am, getting ready to go to work ASAP. It was raining really heavy at that time. So I drove slowly and carefully. Along the road to the Kerteh, there were 2 things that I bumped into. A couple of wild boars crossing the road, and a big herd of buffalos strolling by the roadside. Interesting...

I reached the office around 1.30am, getting ready for a few minutes with my personal protective equipments(PPE), and then off I go into the plant area. It was no longer raining, and the night (or should I say morning..) was really calm, minus the sound from the high pressure flares. I walked to the work site excitedly.

All of the testing works, including the preparation of the report, finished around 6am. I then drove back home, still wide awake, and managed to see the sunrise along the coast. And as it was drizzling a bit, there is also a rainbow. It really sets the mood, and made me so happy after the early long hours at Kerteh. It was simply wonderful! :)))

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sunrise.... sunrise..

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Somewhere over the rainbow....

2 comments:

Muddy said...

That's an awesome rainbow. Pot of gold in kemaman is it? hehehehe...

shobshob said...

somewhere over the rainbow~~~ hehehe