Friday, June 03, 2005

Mayor and the City

I guess my bestfriends know that I have two jobs. Being an Engineer is my primary job, and being a Mayor/Urban Planner/Developer is my part-time job. Berangan sangat!

I take the responsibility of a Mayor after office hours, on my desktop PC, through a virtual world called SimCity 4. Yes, I am a SimCity nerd. I've been playing this city-simulator game since it first came out as SimCity 2000, then SimCity 3000, SimCity 3000 Unlimited, and now Simcity 4. So, basically I've been a part-time mayor for the last 11 years! Kinda amazing huh? Even Datuk Bandar KL pun tak lama camtu.. Hahah..

Of all the SimCity releases, I have to admit that SimCity 4 is by far the hardest, the most challenging, and the most realistic. At this moment, I only managed to create a region of several cities with a population of 1.8 million. The urban area in this region consists of large agricultural estates, big cities with towering high-rises, mountains, beach-front cities, deep harbours, industrial powerhouses, and sub-urban residential areas.

My goals at this moment: I wanna enlarge the cities area and increase the population to reach 2 million population.

Go Mayor!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The sims love the beach-side district created by visionary Mayor..

4 comments:

kepala_angin said...

i wonder at the patience/skills needed to build cities (Sim City) or build armies (Dark Throne). **I'm not a gamer.

shobshob said...

hey kepala_angin, thanks for dropping by..

all i can say, it is kinda tough.. but getting your city running smoothly later really makes it worthwhile.. and it's kinda fun to destroy it later with disasters & UFOs.. :))

neve said...

wah..gempak..gempak..i just layan the sims je (kekonon nk blaja manage diri sendiri)ehehehe..

shobshob said...

yeah i tried the sims once, but it is so damn difficult! i remember trying to take care of the baby, tapi tak jadik.. so in the end the adoption service took the baby from me... huhu