Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Damn Burglars!

No more window..

I had a really nice 3-days weekend, except for one thing, a DAMN burglar broke into my car! I parked my car from 6.30pm till 10.30pm at quite a busy residential area near Jln Telawi in Bangsar. That place is always the place for me to park my car in that neighborhood, since there will always be human traffic in that area. Unfortunately, the burglar saw my car as his potential easy money, and broke my left co-driver window. The burglar went through my car's glove-box compartment, and the small storage box near the handbrake. I guess I was lucky, coz he only stole:
  1. My smartag, together with the touch 'n' go card, with credit worth RM6.50
  2. My smartag holder that was attached on the windscreen
  3. ....and my gear knob. (what the f*ck???!!!) Why why why would you steal the gear knob dumb *ss?!! Dah takde kerja lain?! Macam haram! Bodoh nak mampus!

Broken glasses everywhere..


The headless gear stick..

All my other stuffs like my Emporio Armani sunglasses, A/X sweater, Kenneth Cole shoes and my newly bought Docker's pants were amazingly saved from being stolen.

Anyway, early in the morning the following day I was on my way to the Police Station in Brickfields to file a police report. I was driving on the NKVE Highway, when suddenly a small black object bounced and flew from opposite direction, and BAMMM, hit my car bonnet! I kept on driving and took a glimpse at the bonnet, and everything seems fine. Only when I reached the police station that I realized that the black object dented my bonnet! Double damn.


Bad bad black thingy..

The police officer took my statement, and took some photos, which will be used during the investigation afterwards. I kinda have doubt with whatever investigation they gonna do, are they really gonna do an investigation on my case? If it's a murder case I guess definitely they gonna focus on their investigation, but for my case I guess I will just be one of the statistics in the "Number of Car Broken Into in WP Kuala Lumpur 2007".. Huhu..

Later I proceeded to the Proton Platinum Service Center in Mutiara Damansara to fix the broken window. I have to say that the customer service was really nice, and the place is really comfortable. Unfortunately they do not have the parts that I needed, and upon further checking, the parts are available at the other Service Center in Kepong. Due to the urgency of the parts (yeah takkan nak balik Ganu with a wide open window kan), I went to that place. It was so packed with customers, so I had to wait from 1200pm till around 4pm to get the job done. Damn speaking about time wastages due to that stupid burglar actions!

I guess from the whole situation, I have learned that anything that might lure a burglar into your car should never ever be visible to them. My smartag device is always hidden in the glove-box compartment, so that was not the issue. And I don't think the burglar knew the luxury brands that I have in my car, since he did not steal any of it. Therefore in my case, it was only the smartag holder on the windscreen that provoked the burglar. :(

It's ok , always learn from the mistakes that were made, so that you will be wiser in the future.

3 comments:

HELME said...

Oh my God! Sabar je bosh, apa nak buat lagi dah jadi pun. We all need to be more careful lah..at least God saved a few things like your new pant from burglar

Anonymous said...

mang aiii...sian ko nie ek. anyway, kadang2 aku greatful gak sbb aku nyer kereta terlalu biasa compare to yg korang punya. so bile park rasa ok jerkk...tp someday akan tukar gaks.

Anonymous said...

i really don't get the stolen hand gear knob thing. what is he going to do, make a necklace out of it? sheesh...

sorry about it, but am glad that everything got fixed already.